6. Zombie theories of finance
- Watch John Quiggin’s lecture on Zombie Economics.
- Modigliani, F. and Miller, M. (1958) “The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment”, American Economic Review 48 (3), pp. 261-297.
- Fama, E.F. (1970) “Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work”, Journal of Finance 25 (2), pp. 383-417.
- André F. Perold The Capital Asset Pricing Model The Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 18, No. 3. (Summer, 2004), pp. 3-24. (Here are some Notes on CAPM)
- Anne Villamil, Modigliani Miller Theorem, New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
7. Finance, Innovation and growth: Schumpeter vs Romer. A case of technological change
- Greenwald, B. C. and Stiglitz, J. E. (1993). Financial market imperfections and business cycles. The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 108(1)
- Perez, C. (2010). Technological Revolutions and Techno-Economic Paradigms. Cambridge Journal of Economics, 34(1).
- Romer, P. (1990). Endogenous Technological Change. Journal of Political Economy, 98(5)
8. Finance and Development: 1 Microfinance: holy grail of development finance?
- Bhaduri, Amit (1973) A Study in Agricultural Backwardness Under Semi-Feudalism. The Economic Journal , Vol. 83 (329).
- Stiglitz, Joseph (1990) Peer Monitoring and Credit Markets. The World Bank Economic Review , Vol. 4, No. 3,
- Morduch, Jonathan (2000), The Microfinance Schism, World Development, 28(4)
9. Finance and Development 2: Swaps and CDS as a good thing?
- Rutten, Lamon (2003). A primer on new techniques used by the sophisticated financial fraudster. Report, United Nations Conference On Trade And Development (UNCTAD), 2003.
- Philips, Matthew (2008). The Monster That Ate Wall Street. Newsweek, September 27, 2008.
- Weistroffer, Christian (2009) Credit default swaps - Heading towards a more stable system, Deutsche Bank Research, Current Issue, December 21, 2009.
10. Algorithmic trading, high frequency finance: the case of the flash-crash
- Arnuk, Sal and Joseph Saluzzi (2012), Broken Markets, Chapters 2 and 10.
- Tarun Chordia, Amit Goyal, Bruce N. Lehmann, Gideon Saar (2013) High-frequency trading, Journal of Financial Markets 16(4).
11. Ethical Finance: doing good and making money at the same time?
- Carol Cosgrove-Sacks and Paul H. Dembinski (Eds.) Trust and Ethics in Finance - Innovative ideas from the Robin Cosgrove Prize, Globethics.net Global 6:
- Paul H. Dembinski (2012) Ethics and the Economy: A Tense Relationship
- Bruno Federico Fernández (2012) Ethics vs. Finance? An analysis of the Origins, Problems and Future Perspectives of this Relationship
- F. de Clerck (2009). Ethical Banking. In Ethical Prospects (pp. 209-227). Springer Netherlands.